Click the followings for some of the highlights from the IBO document:
Teachers are amazing because they never stop learning. No matter how expert we are, there is always something to learn from others. Here are some websites to go to for ideas, inspirations, tools and overall professional development.
Search the library catalog for teacher professional development and teacher references. Also check the resource categories below :
Here are some sites with great podcasts to offer.
1. BBC History of the world in 100 objects - Humanities related content provided by the BBC media network
2. Provides educators with knowledge, skills and resources to successfully implement flipped learning.
3. How Stuff Works - Topics include a wide range of areas from different disciplines. With more than 25 shows, including Stuff You Should Know, Stuff You Missed in History Class, Atlanta Monster and now Cabinet of Curiosities, there is over 10,000 podcasts in varied platforms.
4. The Heinemann podcasts - Short podcasts about teaching ideas on different disciplines. It also features books and authors and their take on teaching matters.
5. Creative Classroom - Episodes focus on the different possibilities in teaching and learning. Issues such as design thinking, growth mindset, project based learning and creative thinking are represented.
6. Teach thought podcasts - Hundreds of episodes that focus on critical thinking, teaching and learning, literacy, project based learning , technology and the future of learning. This is also a great source for personal PD.