Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Bibliography - Works CIted MLA 8
What to Include
Students are required to use their EasyBib accounts, choosing MLA 8 Format. Your bibliography is printed and handed in with your report. See MYP Librarian if you have any questions. Include:
- Research using books, online databases, websites
- Any videos or YouTube selections used in research or for ideas
- Any lectures, presentations, performances, and political or organization meetings attended
- Enter your sources into EasyBib when you first find and use them--making sure the date is included! It is easy to delete a source you decide not to use.
- Complete an OPVL Evaluation form for every source used in your project, including interviews. These will help you to think about the value of a source. See OPVL Worksheet below.
IB Effective referencing and citing
Citing Your Sources -- Common MLA Examples
MLA 8 Style
Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab) is full of examples of how to cite and make in-text citations of every type of source. Scroll down the left side to find what you need.
In-Text Citations & EasyBib
You are required to use in-text citations in your Report. Remember your EasyBib entry for a source will guide you on how to format the in-text citation. See your Librarian if you have any questions or unusual sources!
IB Ethical Practice
- Directly quoting another person’s actual words, whether oral or written;
- Using another person’s ideas, opinions, or theories;
- Paraphrasing the words, ideas, opinions, or theories of others, whether oral or written;
- Borrowing facts, statistics, or illustrative material; or
- Offering materials assembled or collected by others in the form of projects or collections without acknowledgment.