Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
"The Dictionary of Computer and Internet Words defines artificial intelligence as a branch of computer science whose goal is to develop electronic devices that can operate with some of the characteristics of human intelligence. Among these properties are logical deduction and inference, creativity, the ability to make decisions based on past experience or insufficient or conflicting information, and the ability to understand natural language."
Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center
News & Periodicals
"Our nation, in numbers: Federal, state, and local data from over 70 governmental sources."
Science Journal This link opens in a new windowSubscription to current and archives issues of:
Science Translational Medicine
Carl Azuz is the anchor of CNN 10, a 10-minute digital news show that explains global news to a global audience.
CBC News This link opens in a new window
BBC This link opens in a new window
You can search the Encyclopedia of American Politics at the top of the home page. Ballotpedia is the digital encyclopedia of American politics and elections. Our goal is to inform people about politics by providing accurate and objective information about politics at all levels of government. We are firmly committed to neutrality in our content. As a nonprofit, our mission is to educate. We're here for you when: You're considering a run for office; You're making decisions about how you'll vote in an election; You need the latest political news and analysis from a reliable, nonpartisan source.
Aljazeera This link opens in a new window
IB Ethical Practice
- Directly quoting another person’s actual words, whether oral or written;
- Using another person’s ideas, opinions, or theories;
- Paraphrasing the words, ideas, opinions, or theories of others, whether oral or written;
- Borrowing facts, statistics, or illustrative material; or
- Offering materials assembled or collected by others in the form of projects or collections without acknowledgment.
Some Key World & Phrases to Use When Searching
Here are some key words and phrases to use when searching. COPY and PASTE phrase into search boxes, with quotations " " and with AND OR in capitals.
Keep a list of what you use and when you read, add to it!
- "artificial intelligence" OR AI
- robotics OR robots
- "computer assisted instruction"
- "fuzzy logic"
- "problem solving" AND robotics
- "computer vision"
- "computer aided design"
- "natural language processing"
- "autonomous weapons"
- "machine learning"
- "information storage" AND "retrieval systems"
- singularity AND (AI OR "artificial intelligence")
Library Website Translator
Concordian Academic Honesty Policy
ClustrMaps -- Our Visitors