Here are some discussion questions to pose to students, as well as extension activities, related to digital footprints:
1) What do you find when you search for yourself on Google or another search engine?
Name a few items you hope people would find out about you, either now or in the future, when they search for your name on the Internet.
2) How can you prevent unwanted, negative items to appear when people search for your name on the Internet?
3) What types of information do you believe digital devices track and store about you?
4) Conduct a Google search for your favorite celebrity or historical figure. What items did you find about them that were positive? What items did you find about them that were negative?
5) Besides job hunting, when do you think it would be beneficial to have positive, impressive information about yourself on the Internet?
6) How can you add positive information about yourself onto Google or other search engines?
The content is shared under a Creative Commons Attribuition-Noncommerical license.
Concordian International School Library
A Tri-lingual International Baccalaureate School Library
Welcome! Here you will find Guides for inquiry and research. Students and teachers, contact us by email or drop by for help, share ideas, find a great read, play chess, or sit quietly or collaboratively and get some work done. Pick up or take a photo of the Password sheet for our databases :)
Enhance teaching and learning in the school community
Promote a love of reading in English, Thai, and Chinese
Encourage questioning everything!
Develop information literacy skills -- effective, ethical, and independent use of ideas and information
Prepare Concordian IB graduates for University-level research